Careers at Helena Bay
Here at Helena Bay Lodge we are looking for professional, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team. We have many positions available at different times of the year across several departments, including Farm, Gardens, Reception, Service, Housekeeping, Kitchen and Operations. Please see below for details of current vacancies where you can apply through the various websites. Alternatively, send an e-mail with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking an energetic Operations Manager to begin as soon as possible in preparation for the upcoming summer season. This is a permanent position and the main responsibilities include:
- Managing the cleanliness and maintenance of the exterior areas of the lodge, vehicles and vessels
- Managing all guest activities and outdoor pursuits
- Training new and current staff to meet our high standards of luxury guest service
- Proven skills in maintenance and in all aspects of work on deck on yachts of various sizes
- Proven experience managing a team and organizing shifts
- Experience dealing with suppliers and outside companies for purchasing and outside contracting
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Confidence in dealing with varied guest requests
- Fishing knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will be:
- A New Zealander or have the indefinite right to live and work in New Zealand
- Looking to commit long term to the role
As we are taking delivery of a power boat in early 2019 we are also seeking candidates who have a current ticket allowing them to drive a commercial passenger vessel in NZ 15m in length.
We are currently seeking Wait Staff to join the service team at Helena Bay Lodge.
This position is well-suited to serious hospitality candidates who enjoy providing an exceptional standard of service in a fine dining environment.
This is a full time, seasonal position which requires flexibility and commitment. The roster includes morning, afternoon and evening shifts over 7 days. There is the possibility for candidates who complete a successful first contract to return for a second season.