Careers at Helena Bay
Here at Helena Bay Lodge we are looking for professional, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team. We have many positions available at different times of the year across several departments, including Farm, Gardens, Reception, Service, Housekeeping, Kitchen and Operations. Please see below for details of current vacancies, when positions are open. Alternatively, send an e-mail with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
An opportunity has become available for someone to join our team of horticultural staff, all working together to ensure Helena Bay Lodge continues to meet world class resort standards.
We require a mower operative with a willingness to learn and develop, and expand on existing turf management skills while implementing our maintenance plans for the large and varied expanses of lawn across the resort.
- Experience in horticultural industry
- Experience using mowing and lawn maintenance equipment
- A keen eye for presentation and detail
- Have own reliable transport due to location.
Preferred but not essential qualities include:
- A working knowledge of machinery/workshop tools
- Competence with modern irrigation systems
- Background in maintenance of soft landscape
- Grow safe and approved chemical handling qualifications
- A base knowledge of turf chemicals and their handling/application
- Wheels, Tracks and Rollers certificate along with Heavy transport license.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head Gardener and colleagues to continue forward momentum and improvement of this resort; ensuring we meet the very highest standards. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency, NZ working rights, or a valid NZ work visa. A competitive salary is on offer and the successful candidate will be entitled to 4 weeks holiday per annum and statutory public holidays.
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and covering letter addressed to Cory Fernmoor, Head Gardener.