Careers at Helena Bay
Here at Helena Bay Lodge we are looking for professional, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team. We have many positions available at different times of the year across several departments, including Farm, Gardens, Reception, Service, Housekeeping, Kitchen and Operations. Please see below for details of current vacancies. Alternatively, send an e-mail with CV and cover letter to email@example.com for your application to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Helena Bay Lodge is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Pastry Chef to join our kitchen team. You will need a passion for fine dining, and the focus required to keep the kitchen operating at the highest standard. This is a full-time position which requires flexibility and commitment. The roster includes morning, afternoon and evening shifts over 7 days.
The contract is for the season from 1st November 2019 to 30th April 2020.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the will to adapt and learn the Helena Bay Lodge standards.
- Have a good command of verbal and written English.
- Have excellent attention to detail, an ability to multitask and use initiative.
- Be punctual.
- Have good personal hygiene and a sense of health and safety.
- Have a polite personality.
- Hold a hospitality diploma or similar qualification.
- Have previously worked in a similar role.
- Preferably have European kitchen experience.
- Have worked in kitchen brigade of a minimum 6 persons. Experience with different nationalities and cultures is a bonus.
- Be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Preferably have experience with Italian Kitchen and fine dining.
- Have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand for the entirety of their contract
- Be able to commit to working the entire length of the contract
- Have Knowledge of Modern and Classic Pastry
You MUST have your own transport, a clean driver’s license and no police record.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.