Careers at Helena Bay
Here at Helena Bay Lodge we are looking for professional, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team. We have many positions available at different times of the year across several departments, including Farm, Gardens, Reception, Service, Housekeeping, Kitchen and Operations. Please see below for details of current vacancies. Alternatively, send an e-mail with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Various Full Time Roles
We are currently seeking various roles within our Operations and Kitchen teams for the 2019 – 2020 season. If you feel like you would be a good fit please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com detailing the position you would be interested in.
Full Time Landscaper
In the northeast corner of New Zealand’s north island lies one of the most spectacular and picturesque pockets in the world. Helena Bay Lodge has a vacancy for a full time member of staff to join our Landscaping department in maintaining and developing this luxury lodge.
You will be joining an existing team of qualified and enthusiastic horticulturalists to help Helena Bay Lodge’s grounds meet their world class potential.
Essential qualities to be successful in this role:
- Have own reliable transport due to location
- Experience in the horticultural industry.
- A keen eye for presentation and detail.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency, NZ working rights, or a valid NZ work visa
Preferred but not essential qualities include:
- A working knowledge of machinery / workshop tools.
- An understanding of invasive weed control and predator control
- Competence with modern irrigation systems.
- Grow safe certificate and certified handler
- Wheels, Tracks and Rollers certificate along with heavy transport license.
- Experience maintaining formal gardens.
A competitive salary is on offer; with the working week set at Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. This role will also include occasional rostered weekend work. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head Gardener to continue forward momentum and improvement of the grounds at this resort; ensuring we meet the very highest standard expected. The successful candidate will be entitled to 4 weeks’ holiday per annum and statutory public holidays.
To receive an application for the role please provide a CV and covering letter, addressed to Cory Fernmoor, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be contacted within one week of applying if shortlisted for the role.